My core values, and some questions I use to think more deeply about each value, are:
Integrity (Trust, Honesty, Punctuality, Delivering)
- Am I someone others can trust in every way?
- Am I being completely honest with others?
- Am I being completely honest with myself?
- Am I doing what I say I will do, when I say I will do it?
Growth (Learning, Adventure, Habits, Process, Spirituality)
- Am I learning new things and exploring new places?
- Am I building habits that lead to continual improvement?
- Am I focusing on the process, not the end goal?
- Am I growing spiritually?
Service (Creating, Teaching, Inspiring)
- Am I contributing to the world or just consuming it?
- Am I sharing my experiences and knowledge with others?
- Am I inspiring others to better themselves?
Balance (Fitness, Meaningful Work, Optimism)
- Am I living a balanced life?
- Am I living a healthy physical life?
- Am I doing work that deeply satisfies me?
- Am I looking at the world with an optimistic view?
If you haven’t already defined your core values, I highly recommend you take a few minutes and start the process. Here is a list of core values to help you get started.