If you think that computer programming is too difficult for you to learn, I want to show you that it isn’t - that anyone can learn how to program a computer.
If you think that you can’t afford to learn computer programming, I’m happy to say that I am offering free1 computer programming lessons in Goulburn (and hopefully soon also in surrounding towns like Marulan, Canberra and the Southern Highlands).
You can become a computer programmer!
My Introduction to Computer Programming Course is 4 weeks in length, and is suited to absolutely anyone, from school kids to unemployed adults to anyone wanting to pursue a career change.
I also offer a scholarship to 2 students per year, which allows you to study all of my courses for free. If you would like to apply for the 2016 scholarship, please contact me for more information.
Why am I doing this?
Quite simply, I have had a fantastic 20 year career in IT, and I want to give back to the community, to allow others the opportunity to enjoy the type of career that I have had.
Why should you attend my computer programming courses?
I don’t believe that money alone makes us happy, but I know that financial hardship can be the root of many individual and social difficulties.
A career in IT can pay you very well. BUT. More than that, it will provide you with fantastic intellectual challenges, allow you to surround yourself with people of positive academic, social, and moral traits, and give you a platform to take your future career in any number of amazing directions.
I want to mention an important point here: You do not have to go to university (where you will end up tens of thousands of dollars in debt) to have a successful career in IT. I am proof of that. I do not have a Computer Science degree. In 20 years, at no stage have I been overlooked in a job application because I had no degree. In fact, I have been offered every single job I have ever interviewed for, and it has been me that has made the decision to decline an employer, and not an employer rejecting me. I am immensely privileged to be able to do such a thing, when so many people that are just as smart as I am are struggling to find work.
What courses do I offer?
The courses are non-linear (i.e. you can study any course at any time) and all of the courses:
- Go for 4 weeks
- Run for 1.5 hours per lesson
- Have all laptops and software provided
- Only need you to bring yourself and a can-do attitude!
- 100: Introduction to Computer Programming
- 101: Introduction to Databases
- 102: Introduction to Linux
- 103: Introduction to Mobile Apps
- 210: C# (.NET)
- 220: Golang
- 230: C and C++
- 240: Python
- 250: Vala
- 300: Linux Shell Scripting
- 301: Linux Server Administration
- More courses coming soon! Contact me if you have a suggestion for what you might like to learn.
- Only the “101: Introduction To Computer Programming” course is free. All other courses are paid courses, but are super cheap, as this isn’t about making money, it’s about helping people improve their career prospects. [return]